Senior Lecturer, Director of Dietetic Internship
PhD, MBA, MS in Human Nutrition
580 Leon Levine Hall
- PhD in Leadership Studies (North Carolina A&T State University)
- MBA (Georgia Southern University),
- MS in Human Nutrition (University of Alabama at Tuscaloosa),
- Graduate Certificate in Public Health Concepts (UNC Chapel Hill),
- Dietetic Internship (Winthrop University),
- BS in Exercise Science (Appalachian State University)
- North Carolina Dietetic Association
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Weight Management DPG
- SCAN DPG
- National Strength & Conditioning Association
- Leadership in Dietetics
- Personality Characteristics and Job Satisfaction in Health Professions
- Impact of leadership status/position on RD job satisfaction
Selected Presentations & Publications
- Moore PB, Jackson KT, McAnulty L. Personality characteristics influence job satisfaction in sample of Registered Dietitian Nutritionists. Topics in Clinical Nutrition. 2021; 36(3):224-230.
- Moore PB. COVID-19, DI Uncertainty, and Leadership Opportunities for DI Directors. NDEP-Line. 2020; Summer: 14-18.
- Moore PB. Leadership styles for dietetic internship preceptors. NDEP-Line. 2020; Spring:4-6.
- 2021 NDEP National Meeting – Keynote/Opening Session: 21st Century Leadership for the Second Century Registered Dietitian Nutritionist – April 13, 2021
- 2020 Sports Nutrition Summit – Fitness 4 Professionals; Leadership: Are you maximizing yours? Feb 8, 2020 – NC State University – Raleigh, NC
- 2016 GAHPERD Conference – Performance Nutrition for Students on the field and in the classroom; From Recommendation to Application: Putting Sports Nutrition Guidelines into Play; Sports Nutrition: Do’s and Don’ts for the High School and Middle School Athlete – Nov 6-8, 2016 – Savannah, GA
- Shape America – Southern District Convention – cohosted by GAHPERD – Leadership Breakfast and participant session sponsored by SUDIA, Performance Nutrition for Students: On the field and in the classroom – Feb 19-20, 2015 – Atlanta, GA
- 2014 Virginia Academy of Family Physicians Conference – Keynote session sponsored by SUIDA, Performance Eating and Sports Nutrition – Wintergreen, VA – Feb 1, 2014
- 2013 North Carolina Dietetic Association Annual Meeting – Sports Nutrition: More than just sports drinks – Pinehurst, NC - March 2013
Graduate Student Research
- 2021. Gosnell S, King M, Barth M, Gutschall M, Thompson K, Moore PB. Nutrition education for vulnerable populations affected by food insecurity and prediabetes in western North Carolina.
- 2021. Polich E, Barth M, Gutschall M, Thompson K, Moore PB. Development of a nutrition education Intervention for foodservice employees.
- 2020-2021. Ballew H, Thompson K, Maroulakis RJ, Moore PB. Documentation of patient weights and nutrition supplements by patient care staff in a rural, regional medical center.
- 2020-2021. Coyner H, Thompson K, Carpenter MM, Barth MM, Moore PB. Analysis of goal attainment for acute care hospital patients by the clinical nutrition team in a regional medical center.